Website Tracking and Analytics programs not only give you the ability to track the visitors that come; it gives you the ability to take your website tracking to a whole new level not available in other site stats programs.
One of the most important pieces of information is knowing where your visitors come from and what actions they take when they reach your website; this helps you pinpoint the sources of traffic that have the highest conversion rates for positive actions.
A positive action or conversion can be as simple as:
- Shopping Cart Transaction
- ‘Contact Us’ Form
- Visit To a Specific “Jump” Page
- White Paper Request
- Seminar or Webinar Registration
- Download Or Trial
- Support Request
- Quote Request
3rd Party Tracking Analytics
There are other good web analytics programs available (such as Google Analytics)but many people are concerned with having Google Analytics or other analytics programs knowing all the details about your site traffic. Hitslink is an alternative solution that can provide comparable reports to Google Analytics at a very low monthly fee without disclosing your traffic information.
In my 11 years of experience I have never personally experienced a problem with Google Analytics. However, there are other individuals in the industry that question the logic of allowing the people you buy advertising space from see all the details of your traffic sources.
In 2007 Tony Wright wrote an article called Can Google be Evil After reading the article yourself, perhaps you can decide whether or not you are comfortable with disclosing your traffic sources to Google or other paid online advertisers.
The ability to use a 3rd party tracking web analytics program provides a level of comfort knowing you can keep your visitor information confidential. You do not have to worry about disclosing the information to the same people you buy ads from.
HitsLink Updates and Release Highlights
HitsLink is very effective web analytics services that enable you to get the information you need to make informed decisions on how the work you marketing campaigns effectively. The latest version of HitsLink includes numerous commonly requested enhancements plus addition significant new features added to help get the most out of your website and keyword marketing campaigns.
Release highlights include:
New Search Engine Reports:
- Pages by Search Engine
- Pages by Search Engine and Search Terms
- Search Terms by Search Engine
- Search Engine Trend Report (Total Search Engine Referrals)
- Report detail
- Context Menus for added details
- Improved Date Calendar
- Column Filtering
- Add, combine and bookmark reports for customer snapshots
- Email & Export support for Word (Mac & Windows), Excel, HTML, PDF, CSV, RTF and Word Perfect
- Printer Friendly Reports
- Average Page Views by Visitor
- Average Time by Visitor
- Average Time Spent on Site
- Average Time Spent on Pages
- Up to 1000 latest visitors detail
Web Analytics Comparison
- Comprehensive traffic statistics in real-time
- Email alerts for user-definable traffic levels
- Visitor navigation paths
- Tracks search terms from 300 search engines
- Hundreds of additional statistics on your visitors
All the features of HitsLink Professional, plus…
- Provides identification of fraudulent clicks, including the ability
- to set up notifications based on your defined criteria.
- Website statistics for user definable events, for example, trials, downloads, etc.
- See how your email or pay-per-click campaigns convert to customers
All the features of HitsLink Enterprise, plus…
- Realtime dynamic segmentation
- Multivariate (A/B) testing
- Funnel analysis reporting
- Multi-source tracking